VISION & MISSION
PPAT is the leading non-governmental organization in Thailand in the field of reproductive health working to improve the quality of life of the population.
- Increase the access of people and the targeted population, particularly disadvantaged groups and those in an unstable situation, to reproductive health news, information and services, thoroughly and equally.
- Advocate for awareness and acceptance of, and support for, the development of reproductive health, including family planning.
- Commit to prevent and reduce the spread and impacts of sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDS, as well as stigmatization and discrimination toward infected and affected people.
- Prevent and resolve unplanned pregnancy and unsafe abortion problems, and promote the status and strengthen the capacity of women and youth in sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Create and collaborate with network agencies both nationally and internationally in implementation of projects and programs on reproductive health, including family planning, maternal and child health, sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS.
- Develop and improve the organization of PPAT so that it can reach its maximum effectiveness.
PPAT is a non-profit and non-political organization under the patronage of Her Royal Highness the Princess Mother. PPAT works voluntarily not for the benefit of any particular individual or group but for all by:
- Upholding democratic, good governance and non-discriminatory ethics and practices regardless of gender, race, ethnicity and religion.
- Valuing the right to reproductive health and family planning information and services as a fundamental human right.
- Believing in cooperation and networking with communities, government, and organizations both locally and internationally that constitute a mechanism leading to the achievement of PPAT’s established goals.
- Recognizing that a balance between population size and natural resources, productivity and development to improve the quality of life is a key factor contributing to well-being, economic growth, and peace among mankind.